California Needs Notaries! This course satisfies the state-mandated 6-hour class for all new and renewing Notaries Public. It is designed to help beginners and refresh renewing notaries with:
- Notarial Laws
- Changes in the law
- Basic principles of journaling
- Notarial wording
- Challenging signings
- Proper business practices
- Prudent care
- Lawful notarial acts
- Security of materials
Being a Notary Public will not only create a stream of income, it may increase your value to your employer. As well as serving your community. Become aware of the important role a Notary Public serves in many personal and financial transactions. The “Proof of Completion” certificate given at the end of class is valid for 2 years. The State Notary Exam will begin at 4 pm after the class.
- A sack lunch for your 30 minute lunch break is recommended.
- A 2”x 2” color passport photo is required. (can be taken by livescan provider at lunch for $5)
- LiveScan Fingerprint Technician will be there to take fingerprints quietly during the class.
- A *Money Order, Cashier’s Check or personal check for $40.00, payable to Secretary of State for the Exam.
Ms. Scherrer has been a mentor to many Notary Public students. You will receive instructions and answers to many of the questions and details that may come up once you begin your profession as a Notary Public.
To establish a mentorship you must phone or Email Ms. Scherrer to make arrangements. Sometimes the meeting will be in a coffee shop or at her office. The Notary Public mentor process usually takes a few hours. As a former student, you have the privilege to phone her for answers to questions at any time.
Having been a Notary for many years, there is additional Mentoring available as you grow into the more advanced aspects of performing signings. Ms. Scherrer does not provide certification for Signing Agents but will provide mentoring for that process once completed.